MONTHLY HIGHLIGHTS • JULY 2016

17:40


I'm happy to say that July has been so much better than June! The weather was (unusually) fabulous, I caught up with friends I hadn't seen in the longest time, and had an all round great time. Oh, and not forgetting to mention - POKEMON GO is now a thing. Fingers crossed for a great August and summer!

1) Weather!



England had a heatwave - crazy, I know! Although I am not usually a fan of warmer weather, after such dismal weather for the past few weeks, I very much welcomed it (but only for a couple of hours, haha). It meant that I could go out and do 'summery' things, like go boating in the park with my family, or walk Pip in the park with my friend. Warmer weather is also a great excuse for stuffing your face with ice cream. Win!

2) Blogging opportunities

If you've read my blog posts this month, you would have seen a lot of (*) due brands sending me their products to feature/review on my blog. Obviously, I would never feature a product if I didn't like it or give a dishonest review, but I'm really excited to be collaborating with more brands. Some of them I approached and others approached me, but I am always flattered that they see my blog worthy of showcasing their product!

3) Diary



I started my 2016-2017 diary this month and I love it. I found it in Tesco while shopping with my mum, and it has the prettiest design on the front. It's also a really good size to put in my bag when travelling, so I can stay organised on the go. The best thing about it though, is that each page represents a day, so I am able to make in-depth plans, write lists and make use of my sticky notes which were just too big for my previous planner!

4) Fake Kittens



If you follow me on Twitter, you'd know I've been raving a lot about Fake Kittens. If you'd like to find out more, I've written a blog post on their products but in short, they are a small brand that has the most beautiful matte lipsticks and lengthening mascara!

5) DIYs


Since I'm home and off university, I finally had time to get on my sewing machine and do some DIYs. At the moment, I'm obsessed with making lace bralettes, and have finally perfected the pattern for my own. I've also started experimenting with making different styles of bardot tops, which I'm also really enjoying. I find sewing great, as it gives me an escape from my phone and computer, giving my eyes a well needed break!

6) Pokemon Go

How could I not mention this?! Everyone and their grandma is playing this damn game, and I'm 100% obsessed too. In fact, I took a 40 minute walk to my friends house in the heat the other day because I'd ran out of Pokeballs and needed to visit stops (lol).


What are your monthly highlights?

Follow

You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. this was such a great post - loved hearing you monthly highlights! I wish the heatwave lasted longer though lol :)

    http://lifeofacameo.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yes, same! maybe we'll get more sunshine in august - fingers crossed!

      xx

      Delete
  2. Those matte lipsticks look soooo pretty, I'll definitely have to check them out!
    Such a lovely post!

    http://www.greenteavogueandme.com

    Maija Lily Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your collaborations and Yay for DIY's.

    xo
    www.carinavardie.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. The bralettes are so cute! Wish I could sew too, must be amazing to make your own clothes :)

    www.sandrafsilva.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much my dear :D
    Me too!

    In love with all your favourites. This bras are amazing :D

    NEW COOKING POST | Lemon Cake.
    InstagramFacebook Oficial PageMiguel Gouveia / Blog Pieces Of Me :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pokemon Go is LIFE. And a great workout, let's be real. I'd love to see a DIY tutorial on your lace bralettes! So cute :)

    -Clarissa @ The View From Here

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love wearing bralettes under almost anything and that is such great DIY! Great favorites!

    Abby Talks

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! Click here to follow me on Bloglovin' or click here to tweet me @AbsolutelySX!