WHY PERU?

11:00


Those who know me well, know that Peru is the number 1 place that I'd love to visit the in the future. However, I am constantly being asked why? Admittedly, it is not one of the post popular tourist destinations in South America, such as Argentina or Brazil, but it nonetheless struck something with me and I've been obsessed ever since. So if like everyone else, you're wondering why the hell I'd like to travel there, then read on.

1. Machu Picchu


Trekking up to Machu Picchu is definitely the number 1 reason as to why I want to go to Peru. I've always been somewhat interested in the Incas and so to visit one of their most important archaeological sites would be incredible! I find the whole place just fascinating, and the views look absolutely breathtaking.

2. Llamas


I don't think I need to say much about this one to be honest. Who doesn't want to ride a llama? Or see a llama? Or make friends with a llama? Because frankly, I do.

3. Nazca Lines


To tell you the truth, this Peru obsession first started when I read The Power of Five Series by Anthony Horowitz; it featured the Nazca Desert and its Lines, which are a series of ancient geoglyphs. Although there are several theories that explain them, there is not one that is definitive. Overall, there are approximately 800 straight lines, 300 geometric figures and 70 animal and plant designs. I'd LOVE to fly over these one day and see them for myself. How cool do they look though?!

4. Cotahuasi Canyon


Being a Geographer, places of geographical interest will always get my attention and the Cotahuasi Canyon is no exception. The canyon was formed by the Rio Cotahuasi, which has cut it to a depth of around 3,354 metres! For reference, that's over twice the depth of the Grand Canyon! And I always thought nothing else could beat the sheer scale of that...

5. Handicrafts


Finally, I would love to have a go at some traditional Peruvian handicrafts, or even just talk to some people who still practice it and buy a few goodies. Their handicrafts have some of the most beautiful, unique and colourful designs, and I'd love to own some!

Where is your number 1 place to visit?

Follow

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. I loved this post!! Machu Picchu has always been on my bucket list <3 I actually have a friend traveling South America now and he was recently in Peru - the pictures were gorgeous! I hope you get to go one day :)

    -Clarissa @ The View From Here

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ahh, i'm so jealous! thank you, i hope so too <3

      xx

      Delete
  2. Peru sounds amazing! I'm planning on travelling around South America in 2018 so this will definitely be on my list! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that will be such an incredible trip! good luck planning it all and i hope you have lots of fun!

      xx

      Delete
  3. Definitely adding Peru to my travel wishlist! Amazing post!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! Click here to follow me on Bloglovin' or click here to tweet me @AbsolutelySX!