MONTHLY HIGHLIGHTS • MAY 2016

18:30


Despite May being the month of exams, I've had a pretty decent month! Of course there were the stresses of revision and doing well, but on the flip side of this, I've also met new people, and tried and experienced new things. So if you'd like to find out more, keep reading. Lots to talk about this month.

1. Bournemouth Beach


I started off the month by heading across to Bournemouth for a beach day with Rach. The weather had been nice all week so I didn't want to waste another day of sunshine stuck indoors. We spent the whole afternoon catching up, sunbathing and of course, taking pictures in front of the perfectly organised beach huts. I also had a surprisingly good fish burger from Harry Ramsden's, which is apparently 'world famous'.

2. GoApe


A couple of days later, myself and two of my Geography friends went to GoApe in Itchen Valley Park. We wanted to do something fun before exams so as to not be too stressed in the lead up to them, so we took advantage of the 15% student discount and booked ourselves in for the afternoon. Not going to lie, a few years ago I would never have completed the course, but I'm so happy I did. It was so fun and I would definitely do it again!

3. Finishing first year

Celebratory food at The Stable, Southampton

Honestly cannot believe how fast first year has gone! It still feels a little weird sitting in my room thinking about the last 9 months I spent at university, and how I've got the next 4 months off - not that I'm complaining... Studying Geography has been hard work but also fun, and I'm looking forward to having more optional modules next year and of course, AUSTRALIA! Being home is good though, and I'm excited to see all my friends again.

4. Southampton Bloggers


I was so pleased to attend my first Southampton Bloggers event this month and meet some of the other girls! I didn't know Southampton had so many bloggers, but I am so glad they do. You can read more about the event at Giorgio Armani and all the fun I had in my last post.

5. West Midland Safari Park


I have been dying to visit West Midland Safari Park again for so long and this Monday, Dan and I finally went! I'm incredibly grateful to be driven around the park and was so happy to spend some time seeing all the animals. Cannot wait to go back again in the summer with our free return ticket so we can spend longer in the park with warmer weather.


What are some of your highlights this month?

Follow

You Might Also Like

16 comments

  1. Amazing Photos, you really have talent!

    http://industrialbarbie.blogspot.dk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty pictures. Congrats on finishing your first year of Uni and attending your first event!

    xo
    www.carinavardie.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful pictures ! :)

    http://www.carolinapinglo.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this type of post and I love the pics so much! Have a great day and thanks for sharing :)

    Check out my blog if you want: www.theglamandglitter.com

    Tamara xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! it's my favourite kind of post to write

      Delete
  5. Great post! Love these photos!!
    Xoxo,
    Love from www.trangscorner.com {a lifestyle, fashion, beauty, and food blog}

    ReplyDelete
  6. That park looks so cool, I love that deer photo
    xo
    www.laurajaneatelier.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that deer very kindly posed for us, haha! x

      Delete
  7. looks like a lovely month, beautiful photos dear! <3
    www.rebelrebel.co x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Sarah, really enjoyed reading your May highlights :) I love going to the beach and Bournemouth is always so nice to visit. I remember going to goApe years ago and was scared going on the zip wire, haha!

    Hanh | hanhabelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much Hanh! aww it was a bit daunting if i'm honest, but a gals gotta do what a gals gotta do haha

      xx

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by! Click here to follow me on Bloglovin' or click here to tweet me @AbsolutelySX!