MONTHLY HIGHLIGHTS • MARCH 2016

20:50

1. University of Adelaide



In February, I applied to spend a semester abroad in the University of Adelaide next year. I am happy to say that at the start of this month, I received an offer for a place to do so! I am so excited at the prospect of studying there and exploring new places e.g. KANGAROO ISLAND. I need to start saving ££ though so someone please hire me.

2. Internship



Speaking of opportunities, this month I started my 4 week internship with a social mobility charity in London! I was really pleased to receive the offer as I've never had a proper job before, so I wasn't really sure if my lack of experience would let me down. It was also my first interview so I was really nervous, but I'm glad it turned out well and they wanted me on the team. I'm about halfway through my internship and I absolutely love it. The tasks I'm set are things that I like doing/am passionate about, and the team is super friendly. And contrary to what my friends said, working in London hasn't made me hate it (yet).

3. Improving my fitness

I've been making regular visits to the gym lately and am really proud of myself. I was always hesitant to go alone but I've realised there really is nothing to be afraid of. Everyone is in the same boat as you and contrary to what you think, they really aren't staring! As a side note, I'd also like to give Jidy Archibald (The Fashionably Fit) a little shout out as I love her blog for fitness stuff!

4. Pink bomber jacket



Miguel from Pieces of Me did a post on bomber jackets which reminded me how I needed to get my hands on one. I wasn't sure whether to go for a versatile dark blue/black one or a spring appropriate pastel coloured one. In the end, I decided that I probably wasn't going to wear a bomber in the winter as it would be way too cold, so I settled for this beautiful dusty pink bomber from Stradivarius instead.

5. Design upgrade

I finally upgraded my blog design from what I made myself two years ago. I've been putting it off as I really wanted to re-design it myself, but I realised that it just wasn't possible given the amount of things I have to juggle on a weekly basis. If you're interested, I found my template on Gooyaabi Template, which offers a range of different (free!) styles. I found the website to be very helpful in giving information on setting it up and they also have a forum for you to ask questions. If you can recommend other websites for blogger templates, please leave them below!


I appreciate this is a long post so thank you for sticking with me. How has your March been? Let me know in the comments below! xo

Follow

You Might Also Like

24 comments

  1. What a lovely positive blog post! Congratulations on getting accepted into the uni and the internship :) well done for sticking at the gym too - not an easy task!
    Abibailey.co.uk xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, abi! it was hard but definitely worth it haha

      xx

      Delete
  2. I think dim is very intimidating for everyone initially but you get used to it and come to a realization that hey, everyone is doing what you're doing...trying to work out and get fit and not judging others. Good on you for being discipline with going to gym!

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i totally agree. thank you, shireen!

      xx

      Delete
  3. Thank you very much, dear. Yes, I also think these platforms of enormous importance. I opted not to put the events because not everyone will have the opportunity to go. So, on my list are set out only those tricks that anyone can follow.

    Great captures. Just in love with your pink bomber jacket

    NEW REVIEW POST | Facial cleansing wipes for Mixed and Oily SkinsInstagramFacebook Oficial PageMiguel Gouveia / Blog Pieces Of Me :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ah yes, you make a good point! i didn't have any opportunity to attend events until recently :)

      thank you, i love it so much too!!

      xx

      Delete
  4. Hope it all goes well, I would love to visit my family is Austrailia and they're in Adelaide say hi for me :P

    Meme xx

    New Post:
    Beneath the Surface by Heidi Perks Book Review
    www.thedayinthelifeof.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. woah no way that is super cool! i will definitely say hello for you ;) haha

      xx

      Delete
  5. Loved reading your goals and highlights, wish you all the best!

    Check out my blog if you want: www.theglamandglitter.com

    Tamara xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely post, dear!! .x

    www.fayeisabella.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your March sounds super fun! I love your instagram too :D xx

    elizabeth ♡ ”Ice Cream” whispers Clara | (doing follow for follow on bloglovin or instagram)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it was very fun and thank you lovely!

      xx

      Delete
  8. Wishing you the best on your internship! Loving the pink bomber!
    xo, Lily
    Beauty With Lily

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, lily! it's so lovely i'm obsessed haha

      xx

      Delete
  9. Your internship sounds quite interesting. My internship was so boring compared to yours. :]

    // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's 100% amazing!! will be very sad when it ends

      xx

      Delete
  10. Congratulation on all your achievements!

    xoxo, Christina

    Stray Birds and Lavender

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! Click here to follow me on Bloglovin' or click here to tweet me @AbsolutelySX!