AW15 • FRINGING HELL

10:30


...more like fringing HEAVEN. Am I right ladies (and maybe gentlemen)? I'm kicking off this month with my first instalment of an AW15 trend round up that I have planned for you. I thought a good place to start would be at the back of one of last season's trends - fringe. Not only can you continue loving your summer staples, but fringe is also great as a transitional piece. As we know, transitional outfits are never easy to get right as you're either a) in denial so still dress like it's 30°C outside or b) get ahead of yourself and start piling on unnecessary layers. The latter is definitely me. And the result? A sweaty, and not so hot, mess.


If autumn was a pair of shorts, this one would be it. I love the rusty, burnt orange of the suede that is so symbolic of the season. For me, I'd pair it with this high neck jumper as I think the crispness of the white contrasts well with the warm, comfy tones of the shorts. This look would also work with the camel/beige-y tones seen on this summer's fringe skirts and shorts to give you a more classic look. Accessorising with statement details like this modern take on the concho belt carries the western theme through. Finish the look off this these gorgeous Schutz suede boots (purse friendly alternative) and you've nailed autumn in an outfit.

Fringed shoes certainly made a statement this summer but for a more subtle, winter look I've picked these heeled boots with smaller fringing at the side. As it's more subtle, you can really play with your accessories (my favourites are this necklace and ring from Dixi) to bring to life a simple outfit. I also thought this embossed clutch would be perfect to complete the look on a night out, or even in the day as it comes with a strap! Who doesn't like day to night accessories?


I'm 99% sure that the most popular fringed items this summer were jackets (/vests) and bags, so I've created a look incorporating both items to save you some £££. If you aren't keen on double fringe, swapping out the bag or exchanging the jacket for a normal leather one is always an option. Pairing relaxed boyfriend jeans with a structured leather jacket is a great way to look effortlessly cool, especially with the distressed detail on this pair. Finish off  your outfit with a pair of sunnies and a wide brim hat to add to that relaxed feeling.



Hope you enjoyed this post! What summer pieces will you style into AW15?

You Might Also Like

9 comments

  1. I love this post and the way youve put it together! xx

    http://itsamyinwonderland.blogspot.co.uk/2015/08/august-favourites.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love fringe but the only way I've found I could pull it off was with a clutch!

    xoxo,
    http://petitemaisonoffashion.blogspot.com/ ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love fringing sooooo much! Those burnt orange shorts are actually amazing!

    The Velvet Black | UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this post! You're right, transitional dressing can be so hard to get right. I've got an obsession with fringing, so I'll be layering up with my suede fringed jacket :) xx

    Gorgeous! Sometimes keeping it simple is the best way :) I love the vintage denim jacket, such a wardrobe staple!
    Thanks for stoping by my blog lovely!

    Helen xx
    Hels Yeah | Fashion & Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really love your outfit ! xo
    Can we follow each other ? Let me know on my blog and I will follow back immediately xo

    BLOG | GorisHelena

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous items! Really love the fringe skirt :)
    xx Ama

    PHUCKITFASHION

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome Blog. I enjoyed reading your articles. This is truly a great read for me. I have bookmarked it and I am looking forward to reading new articles. Keep up the good work.

    Leather Accessories

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! Click here to follow me on Bloglovin' or click here to tweet me @AbsolutelySX!