BOTANIC

20:09





After a long, and what started to be and impatient wait, the sun has suddenly decided to make an appearance over the last week or so. The transition from frost to sunshine has been a welcomed one and it's probably the only thing that has kept me sane amidst the piles and piles of work that needs to be done as exams and study leave approaches nearer.

Today is a Bank Holiday and so I took the opportunity to emerge from my bedroom and take a trip to the park with my friend to enjoy the warmth. I must admit, we did sit there and do science revision but it was a nice change of scenery nonetheless. In the afternoon, I went for a family meal and then later, we drove down to our local Botanical Gardens.

I recently bought these wonderful floral Doc Martens and so I'm in the experimental stages of figuring out what to wear with them. I am, however, absolutely in love with them and I've found that keeping the rest of my outfit simple means that I can really make them stand out. Today, I broke all my rules and decided to clash three (questionably four) florals- my scarf, shoes, (blouse) and sunglasses! I figured: what better way to celebrate the coming of spring/summer? I then kept the rest of the outfit simple with my Topshop jeans and DIY frill socks.

So that's my life in a nutshell. Hope you enjoy and are experiencing some lovely weather too! Let me know in the comments if you'd love to see a post on the DIY frill socks or any other types of posts.


wearing: Floral Doc Martens (via Amazon), H&M Cherry Blossom Blouse and Scarf, DIY Frill Socks, Topshop Jamie Jeans, New Look Sunglasses

You Might Also Like

39 comments

  1. Oh my god, I love your shoes and I really want them!!!

    Helen

    www.fragile-bird.blogspot.co.uk

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the docs, and the photography! Cute post/blog. Oh and I'm a fellow Sarah!

    Followed, can't wait for more.

    Beauty Baroness ☮♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those docs are wonderous. Love it paired with the socks. Hope you enjoyed your holiday!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice pics!
    do you want to follow each other?:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh wow i'm in LOOOVE with your docs, they're so cute paired with those socks
    www.marylee31.blogspot.com
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are really super adorable :)
    Me and my friend just spent a while going through your blog, haha

    Also - those floral docs! They're gorgeous! I have a pair of floral docs and i have not ever figured out what to wear them with! It's such a shame. cropped trousers work reaaally well though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. he sweety :) you look so cute! i love flowers & florastyle! amazing shoes :)

    follow you!

    ANECIA WAS HERE- more than passion ♥
    blog | facebook | twitter

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post! :)
    Please,visit:
    http://cocotattoo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your floral docs are so cute! love them x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful! I have these doc prints in high tops, so so beautiful!! www.adoramehitabel.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  11. A lot of flowers, so sweet!

    Xoxo Nati
    http://iampoliticallycorrect.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your shoes and socks, so cute :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sweet stylization and love it so much! ♥
    Kisses, Berries :*
    wanna follow each other?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the shoes!

    www.unexposedtreasure.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. you match the flowers :) x

    iampolkadots.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are the cutest photos!! So floral and pretty.
    Xx
    Another Fashion Journal

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love nature so much <3 This is why I also love that post :) So many flowers over there :)

    http://coeursdefoxes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Those docs are amazing!! You look great :)

    x

    http://rosieposierosie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Amazing pics! So great:)

    Win a pair of sunglasses:
    http://theprintedsea.blogspot.de/2013/05/firmoo-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  20. I fall in love with your shoes!

    Original and unique such as your blog! :)

    So pretty your look.

    Would you like follow each other? I’ll be sooo glad =) Let me know =)

    addictbeiconic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. You look amazing, the shoes are incredible!
    hope to see you through my blog: pon-t-guapa.blogspot.com.es
    kisses!

    ReplyDelete
  22. The floral doc martens are AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great photos! Love Your floral martens! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  24. So fabulous! Looking good!

    www.goodbadandfab.com
    personal style and fashion musings of a LA fashion lawyer living life in the fab lane!

    ReplyDelete
  25. i love your shoes and bag! you look stunning! xx

    Letters To Juliet

    ReplyDelete
  26. You are adorable! These pictures turned out amazingly! I love the Doc's and love that you mixed prints. It totally works! Oh, and your little socks peeking out?! TOO cute!!

    xo Ashley
    Twenties Girl Style

    ReplyDelete
  27. The sun keeps coming and going here, it really cannot make it's mind up it seems!

    I'd like to do the socks and shoe combo with the little frills. It just doesn't suit me sadly! You look great and the detailing of those docs is top notch!

    ReplyDelete
  28. you look pretty, dear! xoxo

    http://yuliasi.blogspot.ru/
    visit my blog please)
    love, Yulia

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love the post and all the photos! You've got an amazing blog, and your style is the best :)

    xx

    -- I want to live in L. A --

    ReplyDelete
  30. I know what you mean about the sun, I wish it would stay for longer than an afternoon :') your blog is so cute!

    //teandtwosugars.blogspot.com xx

    ReplyDelete
  31. such a lovely place! Love your floral scarf and shoes! Very pretty! :)

    http://iamsophiasanchez.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  32. Looks comfy and still looks adorable!!

    Christina xx
    http://christinathorup.com/

    ReplyDelete
  33. Love your cute Docs!

    Xo, Hannah

    sweetsweetnoir.net

    ReplyDelete
  34. SO cute!!!!!!!!!
    xoxoxox


    www.differentcands.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! Click here to follow me on Bloglovin' or click here to tweet me @AbsolutelySX!